1 Baguette, Freshly baked and sliced in half lengthwise
1 c. Arugula, shaved or thinly sliced
1/2 c. Balsamic Onion Marmalade
1. Place asiago on the bread and layer with onion marmalade and top with arugula.
4 medium onions, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1/2 tsp. sea salt
Black Pepper, freshly ground
2/3 c. balsamic vinegar
1. Place oil in a pan and wait until it shimmers.
2. Toss onions with sea salt.
3. Place onions in a pan let stand untouched, 20 minutes until onions start to turn golden brown and caramelize.
4. Add black pepper to taste and sugar. Toss to coat evening. Continue to cook, stirring often for another 10 minutes or so until onions look fairly dry.
5. Add balsamic vinegar and cook, covered, stirring occasionally for about an hour or until onions are very soft and a dark mahogany brown.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature. Keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.