1# shrimp, cleaned, peeled and deveined
¼ c. Tequila
½ c. lime juice, freshly squeezed
¼ c. red onion, sliced
¼ c. cilantro, chopped, reserve some whole leaves for garnish
1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
Salt and pepper
1. Boil or steam shrimp for 1-2 minutes.
2. Place in ice bath to stop cooking.
3. Combine lime juice and tequila.
4. Lay shrimp in glass baking sheet and pour liquid over top of shrimp.
5. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
6. Add red onion, cilantro and tomato.
7. Toss and refrigerate for 1-2 hours more.
4 corn tortillas
2 c. salad greens
Plating – two ways martini glass and traditional salad
1. Place some greens on a chilled salad plate.
2. Place a scoop of shrimp salad on season greens.
3. Garnish with avocado and cilantro leaves.
4. Serve with corn tortillas
This salad can also be served atop salmon or other white fish.