The San Juans are an incredible vacation destination, filled with natural beauty, plenty of opportunities for recreation, and the chance to stay at our luxury San Juan Islands Bed and Breakfast. The Tucker House Inn and Harrison House Suites are unique properties located on the island of San Juan itself, in the vibrant port city of Friday Harbor. Our San Juan Islands Bed and Breakfast is just steps from the ferry terminal, which means it’s easy to get here without a.
Our San Juan Islands Bed and Breakfast offers a range of accommodations to suit every need. Whether you’re looking for a romantic place to get away for a few days, a family-focused retreat to paradise, or a gathering place for friends and family, we have accommodations that will fit your needs. What you do once you’re here is entirely up to you. Get ready for that beautiful change of scenery you deserve, and book your room at our San Juan Islands Bed and Breakfast today!
The Best San Juan Islands Bed and Breakfast
Our San Juan Islands Bed and Breakfast is located in the historic town of Friday Harbor on San Juan Island. This charming port city, though “busy” for the San Juan Islands, still offers a quaint and slower-paced getaway, far away from the hustle and bustle of bigger cities like Seattle. Downtown Friday Harbor, which is easily walkable from our San Juan Islands Bed and Breakfast, is a charming and historic area filled with a variety of friendly shops, museums, restaurants, and more. Given that it’s the biggest marina on the island, it’s also the meeting place for kayaking tours, whale watching tours, and other exciting expeditions in the San Juan Islands.
Though you’re certainly welcome to bring your car to our San Juan Islands Bed and Breakfast, there’s no need to. We’re within walking distance to the ferry terminal, and all of Friday Harbor is very walkable as well. When you do want to venture beyond Friday Harbor, there are shuttle buses, a trolley, and even complimentary bikes for guests to take you around, along with rental cars, mopeds, and scoot cars. From here, island hopping via ferry to the other gems of the San Juan Islands is also a breeze, making our San Juan Islands Bed and Breakfast the perfect centralized location from which to enjoy the very best of this remarkable area!
Apart from being well-located for all of your activities, our San Juan Islands Bed and Breakfast also offers upscale lodging, friendly and attentive service, and a wonderful array of amenities for you to enjoy throughout your stay. The 7 guest rooms of the Tucker House Inn are perfectly suited for cozy and romantic getaways and solo travelers, while the spacious suites and roomy cottages at the Harrison House Suites are well-suited to travelers looking for a bit more privacy and flexibility, families traveling with children and/or pets, and larger group gatherings.
Our San Juan Islands Bed and Breakfast is also a major foodie destination, with a reputation built around our exemplary food and wine service. With all of our accommodations, you’ll enjoy a delicious breakfast basket, serve hot and fresh at your door each morning of your stay. It’s the perfect way to fuel up for the days’ worth of adventures ahead. As a little afternoon pick-me-up, we love to offer our guests a selection of house-made cookies. In fact, everything we do here is house-made from scratch, including the peanut butter dog biscuits and “pupcakes” for your four-legged travel companions!
The foodie focus doesn’t stop at breakfast and cookies, though. Located just up the street from our San Juan Islands Bed and Breakfast is our exquisite Friday Harbor Restaurant, Coho Restaurant. The focus of this upscale farm-to-table restaurant is traditional Pacific Northwest Cuisine with a Mediterranean flair. Our menu items are both simple and artfully prepared, perfectly showcasing the wonderful flavors found here in the San Juan Islands and the Pacific Northwest. We’re proud to partner with local farms by participating in the Island’s Certified Local Program.
Things to do in the San Juan Islands This Summer
As we come upon our peak season of travel, we find that we’re excitedly looking forward to welcoming guests to our San Juan Islands Bed and Breakfast. There’s just so much to do and see, and the scenery is unbelievable with the warmth of the sun reflecting off the water. This summer, plan to venture to our island paradise for a few days so we can show you just how special it is. In the meantime, let’s start planning!
Here’s a list of our favorite things to do in the San Juan Islands during the summer:
- Whale-watching! Peak whale-watching season just so happens to occur between May and September, which is also when we experience some of the best weather here in the San Juan Islands. The opportunity to see resident and transient Orcas and other whale species in their natural habitats is easily the #1 reason to come to destinations like our San Juan Islands Bed and Breakfast in the first place. There are a number of tour operators in the area, but we recommend San Juan Safaris, San Juan Outfitters, Western Prince Cruises, San Juan Excursions, and Maya’s Legacy Charters.
- Enjoy a bit of kayaking around Friday Harbor, or one of the other popular kayaking spots around San Juan Island. You are welcome to venture out on one of the Inns’ complimentary kayaks or if you feel more comfortable taking a guided trip, we love to partner up with the following local tour companies: Crystal Seas Kayaking, San Juan Outfitters, Outdoor Odysseys, Discovery Sea Kayaks, Sea Quest, and San Juan Kayak Expeditions.
- Enjoy a bit of hiking on San Juan Island, where the views will positively blow you away. Popular experiences include enjoying classic San Juan Island views from the top of Young Hill, exploring beautiful forested lagoons and the views of the Straits of Juan de Fuca at Mount Finlayson (near Jackle’s Lagoon), and a bit of the area’s military history along the South Beach Trail at American Camp National Historic Park. We’ve listed even more great hikes and walks on our website.
- Borrow one of our bikes and get ready to explore San Juan Island! For more adventurous rides, you might want to consider renting your own e-bike from Meat Machine Bicycles. There’s a 32-mile loop that circumnavigates the island, which is a great way to take in the scenery. It’s also an easy and fun way to visit the other communities outside of Friday Harbor, too.
- If you want to see the sights on the Island but aren’t up for a bike ride, just hop in your car and drive along one of the two scenic byways on San Juan Island.
- The San Juan Islands are a world-renowned boating & sailing destination – and one look around will tell you why. With 172 islands as part of the archipelago, you can find your own private beach or bay. . Find a place to moor your own boat, or book a sailing adventure with companies like All Aboard Sailing, NW Sailing Adventures, or Friday Harbor Cruises.
- Visit the beautiful Pelindaba Lavender Farm. Peak bloom time for this fragrant flower is late July – August, but there are also many things to do at the farm May – October.
- Get a birds-eye view of San Juan Island, and neighboring islands, via seaplane. On a clear summer day, you’ll be hard-pressed to find anything quite so beautiful.
- Get to know some of the artisans and producers of the San Juan Islands! San Juan Island itself is home to some wineries, cideries, breweries, and distilleries, and there are even more on surrounding islands if you’re willing to take a fun island-hopping adventure. San Juan Island is also home to an exceptional farmer’s market in Friday Harbor, and several wonderful “Savor the San Juans” experiences starting in mid to late September.
- 10.Visit Lime Kiln Point State Park, also known commonly as “whale watch park,” home to the beautiful Lime Kiln Lighthouse. If you’ve opted not to take a whale-watching trip while here, this is the next best place to go for some shore-based whale and wildlife viewing! It’s considered one of the best places to watch for whales and other sea life from the land.
When it comes to things to do in the San Juan Islands, we’ve barely scratched the surface. We’ve put even more tips and tricks for enjoying the San Juan Islands during the summer, including things like enjoying beachside picnics, picking blackberries, attending local events, and more. We offer our guests full concierge service, too, and are happy to help you arrange any number of tours, excursions, and experiences for the duration of our stay.
Are you ready to enjoy a getaway you won’t soon forget? Book your room at our stunning San Juan Islands Bed and Breakfast today.