One thing we love here at the San Juan Island Inn Collection is experimenting! Chef Jessica pulled some ideas from a few different recipes and came up with this fluffy omelet roll. While in the slow season, we are able to create more unique, personalized dishes. This omelet is perfect for those who love something that feels lighter but still has a full blast flavor. And the best part? You can modify it to suit your own tastes!
Fluffy Omelet Recipe
Yields 2 omelets
5 eggs, separated
¼ cup whole milk
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
¼ cup lacinato kale, chiffonade
1 ounce cream cheese, cubed
¼ cup red pepper, finely diced
¼ cup diced roasted butternut squash
Salt and pepper
Roasted Red Pepper Coulis
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place two oven safe skillets over medium heat to warm.
- Mix yolks with milk, flour and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold yolk mixture and whites together, then fold in the veggies.
- Grease two pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Divide mixture evenly between spreading to the edges
- Sprinkle cream cheese cubes over the top.
- Place in oven and bake 5-10 min until edges start to look done.
- Slide omelet on to a cutting board and gently roll.
- Slice into rounds, arrange on the plate and garnish with diced red peppers, shaved manchego cheese and roasted pepper coulis.
Note: Experiment with different seasonal vegetables, cheeses or even some chopped ham or bacon.
Don’t Feel Like Cooking this Weekend?
Sometimes you need a break from cooking. Let us serve you breakfast! Or even better yet, deliver it directly to your suite in the morning. All of our suites and cottages receive breakfast delivery service so no need to even change out of your pajamas. Give us a call today at the Harrison House Suites to book your room.