Note: This is one of our go to dinners when we want something quick, easy, satiating and are craving lots of crunchy vegetables.
1# shrimp, steamed with beer and Old Bay
2 Tbsp. seasoned rice wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. aioli (recipe)
1 tsp. celery seeds
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Toss cooked shrimp with aioli, rice wine vinegar, celery seeds and spices. Season to taste.
2. Toss salad greens, radicchio, broccoli, green onions and carrots with rice wine vinegar. If you prefer a richer dressing you can add some aioli to the rice wine vinegar.
3. Place shrimp and tomatoes on the salad.
4. Garnish with pepitas and feta cheese.
5. Serve with toasted crusty Artisan bread.
3 ½ c. mixed salad greens
½ c. radicchio
4 broccoli florets
1 carrot, large peeled into strips
1 heirloom tomato or 20 cherry tomatoes
¼ c. pepitas, toasted
2 oz. Feta
4 green onions, chopped
2 egg yolks
1 tsp. dry mustard
½ tsp. sea salt
Pinch cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp. lemon juice, freshly squeezed or champagne vinegar
1/2 c. olive oil
6. Place yolks in blender and pulse until thick.
7. Add seasonings and lemon juice until combined.
8. Gradually add oil until mixture thickens.