3/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup candied ginger
3 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp Ceylon cinnamon
1 Tbsp ground ginger
½ tsp ground clove
½ tsp sea salt
3/4 cup butter, cut into chunks
3/4 cup molasses
1 oz milk
1 cup dry cranberries
2 Tbsp orange juice, optional
1 cup powdered sugar, optional
- Pulse brown sugar and candied ginger in the food processor until no chunks remain.
- Combine brown sugar/ginger, flour, baking soda, salt, and spices in the big mixer with the paddle attachment; mix on low.
- Add chunks of butter and mix until the butter is in pea-sized pieces.
- Stream in the milk and molasses and continue mixing until it just about comes together.
- Add the dry cranberries.
- For Glaze: Add orange juice to powdered sugar until it is the consistency of glaze. Drizzle or pour over cookies after baked and completely cooled.
Vegan Variation: Substitute coconut oil or Crisco for butter and almond milk for cow’s milk