WARNING – Holiday Enthusiasm is about to Explode Throughout this Post!
How is November already here?? I swear I was just kayaking in the warm summer sun yesterday! But now it’s fall and that means it’s almost winter. And if it’s almost winter then that means it’s FINALLY the holiday season! I truly believe that the holidays are the most wonderful time of year! Everything about it is my favorite: baking cookies, sitting by the fire, drinking hot cocoa, making gifts, and family everywhere! But, as we all know, you can grow tired of the same routine every year. “No grandma, I don’t have a boyfriend yet and no Aunt Kathy, I don’t need you to set me up with your best friend’s son”. It’s like opening up your favorite book and then reading the same chapter year after year. As much as you’d like the magic to remain, it’s not always there and you have to wait a little longer for the spark to come back.
So what to do while you’re waiting for that spark to return? Spend a weekend away on an island! Not just an island, the San Juan Island. Here at the San Juan Island Inn Collection in Friday Harbor, you have a variety of room options from spacious suites to private cottages.
Why is Friday Harbor the Perfect Setting for your Holidays?
- Quaint Shops. Some of the best days are spent strolling around town, wandering into the different boutiques, and discovering a new favorite coffee shop!
- Night Life. Everyone thinks all of Friday Harbor goes into hibernation mode once the first leaf falls, but that is far from true! There are still plenty of things to keep you occupied in the evenings. Between Tops’l martinis, Herb’s karaoke Wednesdays, Rumor Mill’s live music on the weekends & trivia on Thursdays, and Haley’s football games, you’ll be sure to have a good night out! Plus, less people means it’s easier to get a drink.
- No Snow! If you’re not a fan of the snow, or don’t want to have to wear your snow boots 24/7, then Friday Harbor will be a breath of fresh air. There’s a chance you may see a light dusting of snow on an early January morning, but for the most part, snow manages to forget about us out here on the San Juan Island.
- Hiking & Gorgeous Views. There’s no denying the fact that, no matter the time of year, the San Juan Island is just stunning. Hiking is a year-round option. And on days the rain scares you away from a jaunt outside, you can always take a drive on the “Scenic Byway” to get you fill of ocean views!
- Kayaking & Whale Watching. What?? In the winter?? Yes! There are guides that are still operating during the winter months. Give Maya’s Legacy Whale Watching or Crystal Seas Kayaking a call and set up some much needed water time!
Staying with us at the San Juan Island Inn Collection for the Holidays
- Hot Tubs & Jacuzzi Tubs. What better way to enjoy the cold winter chill than submerged in 136-degree water? We have suites with private hot tubs and guest rooms featuring spacious Jacuzzi tubs. Our Jacuzzi tubs are perfect for enjoying our wonderful bath products.
- Romance on the Rock. We love celebrating relationships and, well, love! Consider indulging in our Romance on the Rock package to help celebrate your relationship.
- Hot Cocoa & Fireplaces. Who doesn’t love cozying up to a fireplace with a steaming mug of homemade hot cocoa? Check out our Fireplace Special for this winter season.
Book your Escape now!
Check our availability at the San Juan Island Inn Collection and choose the perfect room or suite for your holiday getaway. The Harrison House Suites and Tucker House Inn are located just a block away from the ferry landing and the heart of Friday Harbor. We hope to have the opportunity to show you just how magical the Island is this time of year and hear your best rendition of “Santa Baby” at Wednesday night’s karaoke. Happy Holidays!