Ingredients for Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
4 large eggs, separated
2 cups ricotta cheese
2/3 sour cream (we use creme fraiche)
1 1/3 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 whole milk
1 teaspoon lemon flavoring
- Whisk yolks, ricotta cheese, lemon flavor, and sour cream in a bowl until combined.
- Add dry ingredients alternating with the milk.
- Whip egg whites until still and fold into batter.
- Cook on hot griddle that has been sprayed with non-fat cooking spray.
- Turn when they are golden brown and begin to rise.
- Serve with stewed fruit or maple syrup. Makes about 30 3-inch pancakes.
How to Serve these Beauties
Now that you’re ready to plate your beautiful creations, here are some ideas! For regular breakfast service, we love dousing each lemon ricotta pancake with strawberry compote and topping it with confectioners sugar and fresh strawberries. Then, we send it out for delivery with organic chicken apple sausage, homemade granola, and fruit!
For special occasions, get creative with it!
This Easter, we made out guests laugh by placing this friendly face in front of them. To top it all off, we also gave them a teacup filled with carrot, apple, raisin salad and a deviled egg!