Ingredients for Red Chile Sauce
- 7 dried guajillo or New Mexico chiles
- 1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes, drained
- 1 medium white onion, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, with seeds, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked or Hungarian sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
Ingredients for Assembly
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- 9 6-inch corn tortillas, quartered, or 36 large tortilla chips
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled queso fresco or mild feta
- 4 large eggs
- about a cup of cooked black beans
- 2 cups baby greens
- Thinly sliced red onion(pickled is tasty too!)
- Thinly sliced radishes
- Heirloom cherry tomatoes
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Place chilies in a medium bowl; cover with 2 cups boiling water. Let chilies soak until softened, about 15 minutes. Drain, reserving soaking liquid. Discard stems and seeds; place chilies in a blender. Add tomatoes, next 4 ingredients, and 1 cup reserved soaking liquid; purée until smooth.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add purée (it will splatter) and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, partially covered and stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes (add more reserved soaking liquid if too thick). Stir in honey and season to taste with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD: Can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and chill. Rewarm before using.
- Lightly spritz tortilla pieces with oil, season with salt, and bake at 400 till gently browned.
- Toss chips and 1 cup sauce in a large bowl. Transfer to a large skillet and cook and stir till hot through and the chips arewell coated in sauce.
- Meanwhile, pour oil into a nonstick skillet to lightly coat. Heat over medium heat. Add eggs and fry until whites are set but yolks are still soft, about 4 minutes. (or cook to prefered doneness.)
- Divide the chips among four plates. Top chilaquiles with beans, cheese, and baby greens, then the egg with a bit more cheese.
- Finish the plate with the onion, radishes, tomatoes, cilantro, and lime wedges. Serve with remaining sauce alongside, and your favorite bottle of hot sauce. Muy Bein!