- 1 lb carrots, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 4 cups water or stock
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 T honey
- 2 t salt, more or less to taste
- 1 cup packed fresh basil
- Add carrots, garlic, water (or stock) to medium saucepan. Bring the ingredients to a boil over medium heat. Then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 8-9 minutes until the carrotsare soft but not falling apart.
- Reserve 1/3 of the soup in a separate saucepan. Add the basil, honey, and lemon into the reserved soup. Then, using a handheld immersion blender or regular blender, purée both saucepans until smooth. Return both mixtures to separate saucepans and slowly reheat.
- Ladle the plain carrot mixture into a bowl, then pour in the basil mixture to create a two tone effect. Serves 4