Makes 4 Servings
For the Rub:
1 Tbsp oregano
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp smoky paprika
½ tsp pepper
4 cloves garlic, minced
½ tsp finely ground sea salt
1 Tbsp olive oil
For The Kabobs:
1medium onion, cut into wedges
1 red or yellow pepper, cut into wedges
1 lb boneless lamb, cubed
For the Yogurt Dip:
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 tsp rub mixture
Fresh tomatoes, optional garnish
Pita bread or rice, optional garnish
- Mix rub ingredients together, reserving 2 teaspoons.
- Rub meat with mixture. Marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Place meat on skewers alternating with onion and pepper pieces.
- Combine ingredients for Yogurt Dipping Sauce (this can be prepared in advance.)
- Smoke or barbecue lamb/vegetable skewers.
- Serve with yogurt dip, fresh tomatoes, and toasted pita bread or rice.