This recipe is seriously so simple and a great way to feed a crowd! And you can easily adjust it to your tastes. Go ahead and try out different cheeses or herbs! I used to be a quiche lover, but now I think I’ve crossed over to the frittata side! Once you get comfortable making this, you’ll never go back to quiches. (Okay not really, but you get the idea!)
Serves 12 Total time: 30-40 minutes
Ingredients for the Frittata
12 farm fresh eggs
1 1/2 cups ricotta, separated
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 medium onion
1/2 large shallot
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
1 tablespoon scallions
1 tablespoon parsley
16 pieces roasted Roma tomatoes
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Crack eggs into a medium sized bowl or a large measuring cup. Whisk eggs and mix in 1 cup of ricotta. Set
aside. Note: If you want your frittata to cook a little quicker, use room temperature eggs.
- Melt butter in a large oven safe frying pan over medium heat.
- Add onions and shallots. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté until soft.
- Add herbs and let cook for about 2 minutes. We use fresh herbs straight from our garden which enhances the flavor so much! But you can also use dried herbs if you don’t have any fresh ones handy.
- Spray the edges of the pan with non-stick spray. Evenly pour in egg mixture. Place roasted tomatoes throughout mixture. Be sure to submerge them completely.
- Spoon remaining ricotta evenly throughout in teaspoon sized blobs.
- Let cook for about 5 minutes until the sides have set.
- Transfer to your pre-heated oven. Let cook until frittata starts to brown and is fully set in the middle. About 15 minutes depending on your oven.
- For perfectly triangular pieces, allow frittata to cool for 3-5 minutes and then remove from pan. If you remove frittata from pan too early, it may break slightly. But it will still taste great!
- We topped this frittata with baby carrots from our garden and served it with roasted smashed potatoes seasoned with salt, cracked pepper, and a little parmesan.
Want us to do the Cooking?
If this is on you are a crowd feeder, then chances are you could use a little pampering yourself! Let us make breakfast for you when you stay with us in one of our many bed and breakfast style rooms in Friday Harbor at the San Juan Island Inn Collection. Who knows, maybe we’ll even make a frittata for you while your here!