This summer is a great time to get out on the water for San Juan Island kayak tours. The San Juan Islands are the best-known destination for whale and wildlife viewing, and there’s no better way to experience it than via kayak. Kayaking allows you to get an up-close and personal glimpse at the complex ecosystem that is the San Juans and will leave you with a lasting love for this incredible place.
We invite you to bring your kayaks with you to the Tucker House Inn and Harrison House Suites to enjoy a slice of our paradise this summer. If you don’t have your own kayak, you can rent from a local company. There are also plenty of San Juan Island Kayak Tours that will happily take you out on the water to help you explore. Summer really is just around the corner. Book your room at our San Juan Island Bed and Breakfast today!
The Best San Juan Island Kayak Tours
Whether you choose to venture out on your own or take one of the local San Juan Island kayak tours, what awaits you on the waters of the San Juans are secluded coves, uninhabited islands, breathtaking scenery, and a vast array of wildlife from orcas, sea lions, seals, and otters to starfish, anemones, and more. The San Juan Islands are a world-class kayaking destination that is just begging to be explored. Apart from the beauty of your surroundings, there’s something magical about the quiet solitude of being out on the water, away from land & crowds.
The unique sea-level perspective gained by kayaking around the islands requires a bit of planning and is sometimes best experienced with guides, especially since tidal waters can be tricky for less-experienced paddlers. Our Inns partner with a number of local San Juan Island kayak tours. We’ve highlighted the companies and their offerings below, and our concierge would be happy to talk with you more about these tours, to ensure you find the perfect fit for your vacation.
- Crystal Seas Kayaking offers half or full-day San Juan Island kayak tours. They also offer more intensive kayaking opportunities in the San Juans, including kayaking camping tours and biking and kayaking tours. All tours are led by experienced naturalists and guides.
- Join San Juan Outfitters for small-group kayak tours with experienced naturalists as guides. They are best known for their 3 and 5-hour San Juan Island kayak tours, but they also offer an incredible opportunity to kayak through the otherworldly glow of bioluminescence at night.
- From half tour days to multi-day inter-island adventures, Outdoor Odysseys offers a wonderful range of San Juan Island kayak tours. Throw in a little something fun with your kayaking adventure with one of their specialty trips, which include things like wine or craft beer tastings.
- Discovery Sea Kayaks offers half-day kayaking adventures, sunset tours, multi-day camping trips, and guided trips through bioluminescence, and they’ll even customize a trip entirely to your needs and wants. They also offer rentals if you’d like to carve your own path through the water.
- Sea Quest specializes in whale-watching kayak tours. As you paddle, you’ll learn an incredible amount of information about the San Juan Islands and the animals that live or transit through here. They also offer a range of other San Juan Island kayak tours, including lessons.
- San Juan Kayak Expeditions offers half or full-day adventures around Lime Kiln Lighthouse, sunset tours, and multi-day trips that include whale watching, trips to other islands, and so much more, in addition to rentals for self-guided adventures.
The Best San Juan Island Bed and Breakfast
Whether you’re in the area on a solo kayaking adventure or are visiting the area with family and friends, the comfortable, upscale accommodations at our San Juan Islands Bed and Breakfast are perfect. We’re just steps away from the bustling port of Friday Harbor, which puts you within walking distance of restaurants, shopping, tour operators, and the ferry terminal. We also have complimentary kayaks for your use while you’re here.
Our guest rooms, suites, and cottages offer the perfect blend of comfort and amenities, so you’ll feel right at home. Our staff is well-known for their friendly and attentive service, too, which includes complimentary concierge before and during your stay. A freshly-prepared breakfast is delivered to your room every morning of your stay (with the exception of the Sunshine Suite). The menu changes daily and features farm-fresh ingredients from local farmers. We have earned our reputation as the best breakfast on San Juan Island, and we can’t wait for you to try it.
Relax and enjoy your surroundings at our quintessential Pacific Northwest retreat. Book your room at our luxury San Juan Island Bed and Breakfast today.