1 small sweet onion
2 oz. fresh chorizo
2 Tblsp. grape seed or canola oil
6 eggs, scrambled
4 raw tortilla shells
1/4 cup queso fresco
- Saute onions and chorizo in hot oil until onions are wilted. Add eggs and cook until soft.
- Heat tortillas in cast iron skillet, flipping until puffy and golden brown. Place 1/4 eggs in each tortilla and roll into a burrito.
- Top with black beans, salsa, sour cream, guacamole.
Serve the Southwest Breakfast Burrito with a side of corn muffins or fried bananas.
1 Serrano chiles toasted, seeded and minced
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1/3 medium onion, diced
2 tsp. dried Mexican oregano
1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Toast chiles.
- Cook tomatoes and chilies together.
- Pulse in a food processor with remaining ingredients except cilantro.
- Cook on the stove to mellow flavors.
- Garnish with cilantro.
May be made ahead and refrigerated overnight.