Fall is a really wonderful time of year to visit us in the San Juan Islands. Despite what you may think, there are plenty of things to do in Friday Harbor this fall! The months of September and October are typically mild, dry, and a wonderful time to be in the Pacific Northwest. It’s also the harvest season, which brings a feeling of celebration at local farms and restaurants.
With so many wonderful things to do in Friday Harbor, you’ll want accommodations that place you in the middle of it all. Choose to stay at the Tucker House Inn and Harrison House Suites, and enjoy luxurious accommodations and welcoming hospitality like no other. We’re located just a short walk away from the San Juan Island Ferry Terminal, providing an unparalleled island getaway. Join us this fall, and experience all of the best things to do in Friday Harbor with us. Book your room today!
8 Best Things to do in Friday Harbor
Fall is a special season in the San Juan Islands and a great time to enjoy the many things to do in Friday Harbor. Whether you are coming to relax away from everyday stress or plan to engage in a bit of adventure around the island, we’d love to be your host for the duration of your stay. Friday Harbor and all of its quaint shops, restaurants, and attractions are just a short walk away from our Bed and Breakfasts, and the rest of San Juan Island is easily reachable either by car or bike.
Of course, soaking up the natural scenery is at the top of our list of things to do in Friday Harbor. But this fall also happens to be the perfect time for a foodie adventure on the island. Savor the San Juans, back for its 14th year, is a seasonal celebration of our farms and artisan producers. There are some wonderful events throughout September, October, and November centered around celebrating the islands’ bounty, not to mention wine dinners at our Coho Restaurant.
In between charming farm tours and delicious meals, here are a few of our favorite things to do in Friday Harbor:
- Whale watching is always at the top of our list of things to do in Friday Harbor. September is considered the last month of peak whale watching season, though Orcas can be seen in the area year-round.
- If you opt not to take a whale-watching tour while you’re here this fall, then don’t miss a stop at the Whale Museum in Friday Harbor. It’s a great place to not only learn about the history of whales in the area but to learn more about conservation efforts for these incredible marine mammals and the Salish Sea ecosystem as a whole.
- Visit the San Juan Island Museum of Art. The museum showcases local artists as well as a selection of art from artists around the world.
- Enjoy a sweet treat at Friday Harbor Chocolates Tasting Room. Their handcrafted chocolates pair perfectly with their delicious selection of port and dessert wines.
- Browse the charming boutiques in downtown Friday Harbor. Here, you’ll find a broad range of stores, from bookstores to gift shops filled with locally-made goods.
- Kick back with a pint of island-crafted beer at San Juan Island Brewing.
- Embrace the arts in Friday Harbor, home to a range of delightful art galleries and artistic venues. Top galleries in town include Friday Harbor Atelier, Waterworks Gallery, Harbor Song Art Gallery, Friday Harbor Gallery, and Arctic Raven Gallery.
- Taste deliciously fresh island-grown foods at local Friday Harbor Restaurants, including our own Coho Restaurant.
Are you looking for even more things to do in Friday Harbor? We offer our guests full concierge service and are happy to help you arrange any number of tours, excursions, and experiences for the duration of your stay.
Two Exceptional Friday Harbor Bed and Breakfasts
Though there are plenty of great things to do in Friday Harbor, none of it compares to the luxurious ambiance enjoyed at our Friday Harbor Bed and Breakfasts. Put your feet up, sink into our luxurious accommodations, enjoy exquisite dining, and let yourself feel the true magic of the San Juan Islands. We’re within walking distance to the San Juan Island Ferry Terminal and all of these wonderful things to do in Friday Harbor as well.
Our concierge will be happy to help you arrange tours, transportation, dining reservations, and more. Choose from a broad range of guest rooms, suites, and vacation cottages, well suited to travelers of every variety – even those with their furry friends in tow! In the mornings, we’ll treat you to the most delicious breakfast in town, highlighting locally sourced, fresh ingredients throughout.
Experience the magic of fall at our Friday Harbor Bed and Breakfasts. Book your room today!