Note: We’re celebrating the season with a special #Christmas2020 holiday cookie countdown! We’re offering a wide variety of take-and-bake cookies plus special ready-to-eat breads via the San Juan Islands Food Hub this holiday season. Create the perfect cookie tray at home or send them to friends and family! If you miss the Food Hub deadline to order, call us directly at (360) 378-3587 to place orders until December 18 for pickup December 21-26 or order by December 25 for pickup December 28-January 2.
Picture this: If cookies rather than snow fell down from the skies in winter, I’m pretty sure it would be these cookies. They melt like a snowflake in your mouth.
We are big fans of simplicity. When it comes to cookies, we don’t want to mess around with the classics. This recipe has just five standard ingredients that most of us have on hand at home – flour, cornstarch, vanilla, confectioners sugar, and butter. Yet they all come together to create a truly magical treat.
1 c butter
1/4 c confectioners sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
3 1/2 oz all-purpose flour
1 c cornstarch
1. Preheat oven to 350° degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Mix together butter, sugar, and vanilla until incorporated.
3. In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients. Pour the dry ingredients into the butter mixture and mix together. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. Roll the dough into a log about 1-1 1/2″ in diameter and cut into small pieces about 1/2″ wide.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar.