What’s within walking distance from the Friday Harbor Ferry? Short answer, so many fantastic things! From award-winning restaurants and charming cafes to local boutiques and wine tasting, there’s so much to explore on foot in downtown Friday Harbor. Hopping the ferry by foot has its appeal as well; there will be fewer lines to contend with, and there’s a noticeable difference in ticket pricing. However, the Friday Harbor Ferry system is a well-oiled machine, so driving on is also a breeze.
The lodging options are an added convenience for those exploring on foot in Friday Harbor, and our San Juan Island Bed and Breakfast is the ideal choice. Just steps from the Friday Harbor ferry landing, our Inn Collection offers a variety of cozy rooms, spacious suites, and vacation rentals for your next getaway in Washington State. We are pet and family-friendly, and we pride ourselves on the utmost care and personalized service for each and every guest.
As a guest at our San Juan Island Bed and Breakfast, you’ll be treated to a lovely morning meal delivered to your door, freshly baked treats in the afternoons, and high-end amenities in every room—and that’s just the beginning of the perks! Head over to our booking calendar and start planning your next trip to the San Juan Islands today!
Best Things to do near the Friday Harbor Ferry Dock
As the ferry glides into the dock, stand on the upper deck and take in the views of our cozy, little island town with colorful buildings, sailboat masts, and giant Evergreens greeting your arrival. You’ll step foot onto one of the most beautiful places in the Northwest.
Here are just a few of the must-visits just steps from the Friday Harbor Ferry:
- Stroll the charming downtown streets and get a lay of the land. You’ll find Friday Harbor easy to navigate as you head down Front Street and weave your way up to First and Second Streets. Along the way, don’t miss the favorite local shops, like Pelindaba Lavender for beautifully scented goods, Print Shop Northwest for unique tees and sweatshirts, and the Griffin Bay Bookstore.
- After shopping for local goods and souvenirs, you’ll be ready for lunch, and there are some fantastic San Juan Island restaurants within walking distance from the Friday Harbor ferry dock. We suggest Downriggers for fresh seafood and stunning views, San Juan Island Brewing for pints and wood-fired pizzas, and The Market Chef for deli sandwiches and daily specials.
- When you’re feeling full and refreshed, the afternoon is the perfect time to head to the beach, rent a kayak or two, and explore the beauty of the Northwest right in the downtown area of Friday Harbor. One of the best ways to explore the water is with a San Juan Island kayaking tour, many of which launch within walking distance of the Friday Harbor ferry landing.
- An excursion out on the water will leave you thirsty and ready for happy hour! It’s the perfect time to head to the downtown Friday Harbor wineries and wine bars for an adult treat. Be sure to check out Madrone Cellars, Island Wine Company, and Friday Harbor’s Sky Bar for a glass of wine on the rooftop with a panoramic view.
- For your dinner plans, Coho Restaurant is the best choice. You’ll find creative menus with local, seasonal ingredients, an award-winning wine list, and innovative cocktails—all within one block of your guest room or suite.
Best Lodging Just Steps from the Friday Harbor Ferry
Visiting an island only accessible by ferry boat is a magical experience. Things do really move on island time here, and it feels almost mandatory to slow down, take a deep breath of the fresh northwest air, and relax. Being close to the Friday Harbor ferry is a bonus, and you’ll find the majority of the best things to do on San Juan Island in this cozy, little downtown core.
After you’ve checked in to your guest suite at our San Juan Island Bed and Breakfast, refreshed, and settled in, you’ll love exploring Friday Harbor on foot. Each morning, you’ll enjoy a scratch-made, cooked-with-care meal delivered right to your door and the perfect way to fuel up for the day. We can’t wait to host you; book your next stay today!