Are you still one of the many people working from home? Maybe it’s time to take your business on the road, and San Juan Island is the ideal location. It’s a quiet and peaceful backdrop for your next destination that’s part work, part getaway. While San Juan Island might feel remote, we’re actually very connected as far as technology goes. The island has an excellent wi-fi signal and cell service.
Our San Juan Island Inn Collection has the fastest internet connection and plenty of modern-day conveniences to make working remotely a breeze. Whether you choose one of our guest rooms, suites, or cottages, you’ll have a host of luxury amenities at your fingertips. Most of our lodging options have a workspace area, either a nice sturdy table or desk. Our suites and cottages are equipped with full kitchens or kitchenettes, which is a helpful touch when working remotely.
Spring is the ideal time to mix up your daily routine, and San Juan Island is magnificent as the crocuses and bulbs begin to burst from the ground, and our fruit trees start to bud. You’ll love being steps away from Friday Harbor and getting to explore the island when your workday is done.
Make San Juan Island Your Temporary Home Office
As we all still navigate these tricky times in the world together, why not take advantage of some of the perks of work from home life? All you need is a reliable internet connection and your laptop, and you’ll be good to go.
Here are five reasons to head to San Juan Island to work remotely this year:
- Our San Juan Island Inn Collection is in the ideal location in Friday Harbor, close to cafes, restaurants, and shops. We’re just a quick, easy walk from the ferry terminal. Or if you have your car, you’ll find ample parking around our Inn. The San Juan Island Scenic Byway connects you to all of the best attractions and activities on the island. Whether by bike or car, you’ll love exploring the options during your downtime.
- Inside the Inn, you’ll find different configurations for working remotely. For example, Victoria’s Flower Garden Suite has ample space with two comfortable rooms, each with an en suite bath. You’ll find a full kitchen with a desk set up and an adjoining sunroom that would be ideal for quiet space for zoom meetings and buckling down on a project.
- If you prefer the background noise of a coffee shop, you won’t find a Starbucks here, but the Bean Cafe is a few minutes walk from our Inn and has a spacious seating area. Foamy lavender lattes are a treat to keep you on task. Suppose you’d like to grab a latte to go? Head to the nearby San Juan Island Coffee Roasting Co. or Roy’s Drive-Thru (which also has a walk-up window). However, you’ll have access to coffee 24/7 at the Inn with a French press and San Juan Island Coffee Roasting Company beans in your suite.
- One of the best things about staying at our San Juan Island Inn Collection is a hot, homemade breakfast delivered to your suite each morning. You won’t have to think twice about what to eat in the morning, and you can promptly get to work. We always offer a vegetarian option, and we’re happy to accommodate dietary restrictions for you. Everything is made from scratch, down to the English muffins, butter, and jam. We also deliver a homemade sweet treat to your suite each afternoon, which might be the necessary boost you need to finish up the workday!
- There’s no doubt about it, San Juan Island is the quintessential northwest experience. If you have a flexible work schedule, you can head out for a kayaking or cycling break (we have boats and bikes to borrow at the Inn). Or explore one of the nearby parks: Lime Kiln Point State Park (the best place for whale watching), English Camp for a hike, or South Beach to catch the sunset from the dunes.
An Ideal Setting for your Work Remotely Destination
While perhaps some people have enjoyed this drastic switch from in-person office work to remote business, we could all use a change of scenery every now and again. And heading to San Juan Island for a few days or a longer leisurely stay is an ideal location to reset your headspace. The slower pace of island life can be the perfect setting to work hard and play hard.